Initial Microblading procedure includes a free follow-up appointment after one month to fine tune the shading after pigments have had a chance to settle. Free Touch up must be used within 3 months of Initial procedure. If the follow-up appointment is performed more than 3 months after the initial procedure, it is charged as a Touch-up.
Touch-ups after 24 months are considered as a new procedure.
TOUCH UPS (Call Nadia at 8179838357 for a FREE consultation)
3 MONTHS TO 12 MONTHS $149
13 MONTHS TO 18 MONTHS $199
19 MONTHS TO 24 MONTHS $249
Consultations are mandatory before any first time microblading / permanent makeup procedure and tattoo removal procedure. This is true even (especially) if you've had it done somewhere else.
We assess your skin type and condition, relevant medical background, lifestyle, goals, desires, and any upcoming special events that affect your scheduling. We'll then discuss the various treatment methods available, the pros and cons of each as they apply to you personally, and any preparation you'll want to do in order to maximize your results.
Come to the consultation with an open mind. Social sites like Instagram have created enormous misunderstanding and misinformation around buzzwords like "microblading", leading clients to too often ask for the wrong thing and walk away disappointed.
We highly recommend consultations be done in-person at Arch Brows Threading & Spa so we can inspect your skin up close. When this is not practical or possible, we'll schedule your consultation as a video call - though this is less ideal.
What is Microblading?
Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each 'hair' is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
How long does it take?
For the Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client's brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You'll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Is the touch up session necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten the pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetics used may contain 4% Lidocaine.
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 6 months -18 months, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 6-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
What are the pre and post care procedures?
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
• After 5-6 hours following your procedure, cleanse the brows with water and a mild soap or MicroTonic®, then immediately apply a very thin coat of healing ointment (Petroleum Jelly, Aquaphor, MicroBalm®, MicroGel® or AfterInked®) using a clean cotton swab every time. Apply ice to treated area for 10 to 15 minutes. Ice helps to reduce swelling and aids in healing.
• Continue gently cleansing and applying ointment 2-3 times per day for 3-4 days (or until all scabbing/crust has come off).
• When the area starts to flake, leave it. Do not pick, peel or pull on the skin.
• Avoid sweating such as from vigorous exercise for 1-week post-procedure.
• For at least one-week post-procedure or until healing is complete (whichever is longer) Keep your hands clean and avoid touching the affected area(s). Do not scrub or pick treated areas. Do not expose area to direct sun or to tanning beds. Avoid exposing the area excessive moisture or humidity, such as: facials, swimming, whirlpools (hot tubs), saunas, steam rooms, and steamy showers.
• Do not resume any method of eyebrow hair removal or coloration for at least two weeks.
• Avoid eyebrow tinting within 72 hours before or two weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid Retin-A, moisturizers, glycolic acids, exfoliants and anti-aging products at all times (not just during healing) on all micro pigmented areas. These can cause pigments to fade and lighten prematurely.
• Pigments will slowly fade over time according to one's metabolism, skin type, sun exposure, medication, facial surgery, and smoking. Schedule maintenance visits as needed to keep it looking fresh.
• Periodic touch ups will ensure longer lasting results.
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
What if I do not like it?
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists' work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
Still have more questions?
Should you still have more questions or inquiries, feel free to give us a shout at 817-983-8357 or email us at Nadia@ArchBrows.com
Read out what our customers say about our services.